Theme C: Biomedicine, Society & Good Scientific Practice
Responsible conduct of research and ethics in science
Science in Action:
Science in Action is a UPF-CEXS course held at the PRBB. The aim of the course is to familiarise post-graduate students in biomedicine with current ideas and debate around the theme of good scientific practice. The contents of the course are based on the PRBB Code of Good Scientific Practice.
The course consists of three parts: 1) Online course 2) Discussion seminars 3) Online case study and course test.
1) Completion of all SIX online modules (on Moodle).
2) Attendance at FOUR seminars. These seminars should include: Seminar 1 "Scientific Integrity" and Seminar 6: Politics & Practice of Publication and two others.
3) Completion of the end of course case study and test (online).
Please note that there are 3 date/time options for the two compulsory seminars. In addition you should choose two more seminars to attend from the following: Seminar 2: Data Management (2 editions), Seminar 3: Animal Research (1 edition), Seminar 4: Human Research (1 edition), Seminar 5: Conflict of Interest (2 editions).
Please check the attached pdf file to see the dates of the seminars for 2013-14.
PLEASE NOTE: This course is only open to CEXS-UPF postgraduate students who are specifically registered for this course. If you are in doubt as to your eligibility please contact the UPF Masters or Doctoral degree Coordinating Office.
- · Science in Action seminar 1: Scientific Integrity - (Finished)
- · Science in Action seminar 2: Data management - (Finished)
- · Science in Action seminar 3: Animal research - (Finished)
- · Science in Action seminar 4: Human research - (Finished)
- · Science in Action seminar 5: Conflict of Interest - (Finished)
- · Science in Action seminar 6: Politics and practice of publication - (Finished)
- · Visit to PRBB Animal Facility - (Finished)
IMPORTANT: After you have registered for your chosen seminars you will shortly (but not immediately) receive an automated email asking you to confirm your attendance. Please follow the instructions to do this or we may allocate the place to someone else.Once you have confirmed your attendance at your chosen four seminars it will not normally be possible to change them. If it is necessary to arrange a change you may be able to do this through the Moodle forum, once the course is open.
Good Scientific Practice: